Sunday, February 21, 2010

Panic

It can be the littlest thing. A simple mistake. A forgotten task. A missing piece of clothing. A comment. An accidental slip up that annoys a friend.
And then the world starts to spin. My chest gets tight, my throat constricts and I can't breathe. Uncontrollable shaking takes over. If I am driving I have to pull over. If I am in public, I have to excuse myself. I gasp, I feel like I am drowning. My hands start to feel numb. My mind gets stuck in a rut.
And then the tears come. And the hair pulling. I try and get as much air into my chest as I possibly can. I try and calm down. Eventually something works. I can fix my face, and enter the world again.
Waiting. Always, alway waiting, and fearing the next one.

6 comments:

  1. =(
    THAT SUCKS hopefully that doesn't happen too often

    ReplyDelete
  2. only a few times a day usually. and not always to that extent

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( still it sucks! Anything ppl can do? Or should we jst back off

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mark...it sucks. Anything we can do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i'm told that trying to work 8 days a week is part of the problem. so will try and not do that if i can help it.

    ReplyDelete