Sunday, February 28, 2010

I know I'm crazy, but...

I just don't see any point in life without Jesus. I really don't think that there is hope without him. I get into trouble for saying this. coz yeah, basically I am saying that there isn't a whole lot of point to things like counsellors and stuff. I mean they are good things, and in any profession, a person can show Jesus unconditional love through their actions. But how can you offer hope to a person without telling them about Jesus?
Maybe I am just a bible bashing OTT crazy lady. But I guess it's just that I know what Jesus has done for me, and I really want everyone to have that. It's not about getting to heaven even. If that's all salvation is, I'd just hang out at Resthaven, and work on converting people on their deathbeds. I certainly wouldn't waste my time in youth ministry with kids who would more than likely reject their faith and need to be reconnected to it later in life.
One of my jobs is heartbreaking, because I can't tell kids about Jesus when I want to. When kids come to me, and tell me about abuse, or friendship problems, or how they hate themselves, I just want to tell them about the only person (well 3 of them, but I might leave that out initially :P) who completely and utterly loves them. How God can provide hope in even the lowest of places. To have to tell them that they should use positive self talk, and stress relieving exercises just sucks. Sure these things are good, but alone, they will never heal that child. Only Jesus can do that.
I guess this is why I am so excited to be in a role where I can freely tell people about Jesus. And why it is so hard for me to do anything else. Because when it comes down to it, fun isn't going to bring about salvation. Fun can provide a great medium to tell people about Jesus, and of course it is hugely important. But to me, telling kids clearly and explicitly about Jesus is way more important.

2 comments:

  1. As I said on the phone, even if you can't tell them about Jesus verbally, you can still show them in the way you act and the way you care about them, and that would mean a lot to some of them. Chin up honey, :-)

    ReplyDelete