Monday, April 12, 2010

Why Can't I Turn Off The Worry? I Blame Technology.

Don't get me wrong. I love facebook, twitter, the internet in general. I love my phone, couldn't live without my friends being a 11 cent, 160 character message away.
But it does make it more challenging to relax. I keep coming up with new things to stress about, and many of them are because of things I've read on facebook, or whatever.
However, on the flip side, it does mean that I am able to relieve some stress by fixing problems on the internet/phone.
Part of me doesn't want to go back at the end of the week. Life is just going to go back to being stressful and awful. My house will still be revoulting. I will get home at the end of the day and feel just the same. Work will take up every waking moment. Friends will make me feel guilty for working, work will make me feel guilty for having friends. And i'll be strong and get through it like always, with the occasional melt down.
Part of me thinks that maybe I can change the way things are, and make life better.
We'll give that second part more of a chance to talk, shall we? And ignore the worry as much as possible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment