Saturday, July 10, 2010

Reflecting

Now for a longer post on Kids Club...

Things I learned:

Monday:
1. Don't cut the memory verse into 30 pieces. Terrible terrible idea. It took 5 leaders 10 minutes to put it back together, by which time I'd taught the kids the verse, and the visual back up was no longer needed.
2. Running on the tennis courts is never ever a good idea!
3. Ewen is really good at running games, especially since he had no warning!

Tuesday:
1. My dad's masks used for telling the story of Jairus's daughter are really not suited for me...firstly because I can't wear my glasses with them, secondly because my long hair gets in my face ridiculously.
2. Being able to step back from things and let others step up and run them is really amazing. Sally was an absolute star.
3. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Mark 9:23, everything is possible for him who believes! (actually I already knew this one, but everyone else learned it! and will possibly never get it out of their heads...)

Wednesday:
1. I can do magic tricks! Well one anyway...I was really pleased with how the bible story worked this day. One of the really little kids totally made the connection between the disappearing coin and the empty tomb, which was both cute and also encouraging.
2. Leaders meetings in the middle of Kids Club week are a bad idea. We are all too tired!
3. I'm not allowed to ask to eat the goldfish at Wok in a Box for tea. :(

Thursday:
1. 8 cups of tea in a day is too much for my bladder :P
2. Alana is going to do some amazing things in the future. Her ability to get up in front of a fairly big group was very impressive.
3. Things aren't always as they seem.

Friday:
1. I haven't grown out of my travel sickness...and my coping mechanism is still going to sleep :P
2. Baby Zebras are super cute
3. (Hopefully) without sounding vain/proud, I think I learned that I could do Kids Club fairly successfully. It's been a lot of hard work, but I think I did okay in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment