Saturday, July 17, 2010

Expectations

I always get things I don't expect. Today I thought I was going to have an awful time at a dinner thing i had, and it turned out to be quite nice. I thought I'd have a god time at church, and I got really sad halfway through, which was weird for me. Normally I'm really happy at those kinds of things. I think I just miss my family a lot, and the labelling meant I had time to think about it.
Just weird really. But the overall labelling of bottles was great, it is so exciting that small change for change is actually happening, and it is really exciting to be a part of. I'm very proud to be a part of a church which has ideas, and puts them into action. :)
I'm trying to focus on a couple of verses from Ephesians recently. "Be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bonds of peace." (Ephesians 4:2-3). Last week's sermon reminded me that pride can destroy pretty much everything good, and so I am trying to not let that be the case. But then again, the more you try not to be prideful, the more you fail. So I guess I have to let Jesus in more. Hmmm. Lots to think about there.
And last week I found out about some money issues that may make what I had planned for next year an impossibility. Kinda frustrated now. I just want to do what God wants, and not worry about financial stuff, but I've been doing that for a while and it hasn't been working out too well, so I dunno. If only I didn't need so much sleep. Trying to fit in 10 hours of sleep a night makes studying on top of full time work really hard.
What a jumble of thoughts. I don't have a chair at my desk, so I'm not going to try and improve them!

No comments:

Post a Comment