Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friendship

Friendship. Is it meant to be forever? In the Rosalie rule book it is.
Not like every single acquaintance stays forever. That's pretty normal.
It's also normal to drift closer and further apart over time. But you don't love each other any less.
A great example of this is my yits girls. Obviously we were closer when we saw each other three days a week. But now even when we don't see each other for months, we get together and it's like nothing changed. It's amazing.
Recently I met someone new. A friend of a friend. We got to know each other, and became quite close.
I told her once that she'd never lose me. I told her I never let friends go.
But then something happened. I guess this is normal and part of life. Whatever. She seems to have decided for whatever reason that we can't be friends anymore. it's very confusing I can't tell if it is because I've done something wrong, and she genuinely dislikes me, or because she thinks she's hurt me, or what. She's amazing, but not the most clear person I have ever met.
And I guess I should be fine with this. I should just grow up and move on. Except that when you are in my heart, you never leave it.
I don't know how to express this to her. I've tried so hard. But everything else keeps getting in the way.
Right at the moment, life is getting pretty crap for me. Life always sucks in some way, I know. But now I have no church, I'm having family issues, work sucks, I'm financially screwed, I just failed uni, my depression is getting worse every day, my social opportunities are being taken from me. All first world problems I know, but it's hard. The one thing I did have was these few close friends, keeping me going. And for one to just discard me like trash, well, it makes me feel like trash. And also like it's going to happen again. When will the next person just give up on me? When will someone I trust with everything just change their mind?
Anyone who bothers to read this...If we are friends, I will always love you. No matter what. I don't have much to offer in a friendship, but that much is true.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    im sorry about all thats going on for you currently.

    Even though we hardly see each other i still consider you a friend.

    know you are loved :)
    xx
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete