Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Schnitzel for your thoughts?

Just came into church to do a couple of things, and then the front office lady wanted to leave early, so I said I'd answer the phones, coz I have nothing better to do. So I figured I'd write a blog.

I haven't written one in ages because I've either been busy, too grumpy or too happy to write. Yes, my life is an emotional rollercoaster...feel sorry for my future hubby :P

So...last couple of weeks...

The Good:
- I got my 2011 diary. My friends keep paying me out, but it makes me happy and that's all that counts. I really wanted a filofax, but they are like $60 which is ridiculous. So I got an $11 one, which is perfectly sufficient, and is purple! And I've used it on several occasions already, so pfft to the scornful.
- A dress I really loved at target went from $35 to $7, so I bought it. I love it a lot :)
- I got a stripey wool hat which I call my adventure hat, because it looks like it needs to go on an adventure. I haven't decided where yet.
- Just had a few days off work at church, which was fun. Had the chance to clean up a lot of my house which was good. Lesley came down, and we did a few fun things. Watched many movies and visited the Adelaide Gaol.
- Planning for kids club is going really well. Our theme is "the great treasure hunt" and it's just been really easy to put stuff together for it.
- Got to see my little adopted nephew baby! In unfortunate circumstances, but it was nice to have a cuddle.
- We're starting a new bible study series at church tomorrow night, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's called Gospel in Life, and it's been done by Timothy Kellar. I've had a bit of a look at the workbook and it looks really good.

The Bad
- My depression is still making life pretty hard. It's just really hard to try and deal with stressful situations when it's already been a struggle to get out of bed and face the day that morning. God is with me, but it's still really hard.
- Having so much social stuff over the weekend was great, but now I'm heaps lonely. Tonight will be my first evening home alone in a week, and I'm not looking forward to it.
- I'm realising that it sucks to be a grown up :P especially when you have to be way more mature than your friends for whatever reason. I sometimes wish I had the freedom to just be a uni student and not really have that much responsibility, but I know I'm where God wants me, so I guess I'll cope!
- I've been sick, and on top of that my lip infection came back. So no caffeine, OJ, alcohol, etc 'til i get better, and I'm back on antibiotics. It's like the no fun disease, I can't eat, can't drink anything yummy, can't make out with ppl...:P 

The Interesting
- The election is coming up and I'm still not sure who to vote for.
- Last Saturday was my first time of not attending youth group this year. it went well, which I knew it would, but I still feel like I left my baby lol!
- I have been thinking a lot about pride and humility over the last few weeks. Troubling thoughts. But also somewhat positive.
- I locked myself out of my house the other night. Hilarious, because after spending half an hour breaking in, I realised the key was in my pocket all along. Not so funny coz I got really mad at my best friend :(

So, that's my life at the moment. On average, it is pretty good really :)

No comments:

Post a Comment