Monday, March 1, 2010

the love of my life...

When I cook, I feel like I am in control. Cooking is the only thing I am really successful at, which is why failure at cooking gets me so down.
Once I put my apron on, I feel safe. I'm happy. There is nothing I like more than cooking for other people. I love the planning, and the shopping, and then putting it all together. I love serving it, and making it look pretty. I like eating it too :P
I especially love challenges, like fussy eaters, or food for diabetics or people with allergies, or cooking on a budget.
Sometimes I think that the only reason I want kids is to have someone to eat the food I make. I'm sure that's not really the case...
I do wish people would stop worrying about food stressing me though. It really won't. The only time it stresses me is if I run out of time, and that doesn't happen anymore, not now I have no life :P
Yes I talk extra fast, and I get bossy when I am in the kitchen - that's just coz i am enjoying myself. And major malfunctions like, i dunno, my oven freaking breaking, yeah they will stress me. But I think that's fairly understandable.
So, yes, this was a very random blog. Not exactly sure what the point was...hmmm...oh, invite yourself to tea at my place anytime :) Anyone. well not if you are a crazy murderer. But I will send you food if you are a CM. I have a wonderful recipe for chocolate chip and pecan biscuits. Scrumptious. And I am pretty sure they will post well. :D

3 comments:

  1. I think i can add another stress to your cooking life! having to leave it to an incapable person like ME? =P

    any brilliant ideas for cooking on saturday night? and i am up for helping (or otherwise i may be forced to letter box for my Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to try some of those biscuits.
    feel free to cook for us any time you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. who me?? never *sideways look and taps nose*
    =P

    ReplyDelete